Memory compatibility AS6604T

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AnubisB
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Memory compatibility AS6604T

Post by AnubisB »

Great News!

So I decided to try something different, I decided to install the 16GM Kingston in the primary Memory Slot ( the one that is difficult to reach) as the primary memory , the NAS booted to 16GB :D :D
I also took it one step further and being greedy :twisted: , didn't want to leave out the 4GB that came with the NAS, so I tried installing it as the secondary memory in the outside slot, the NAS booted to 19.37 GB :D :D
So i guess the issue was that the bigger memory module had to be the primary one.

Mission Accomplished!!

I hope this helps.

Now on to fix my VPN Issue.
TheNewHP

Post by TheNewHP »

AnubisB wrote:Great News!

So I decided to try something different, I decided to install the 16GM Kingston in the primary Memory Slot ( the one that is difficult to reach) as the primary memory , the NAS booted to 16GB :D :D
I also took it one step further and being greedy :twisted: , didn't want to leave out the 4GB that came with the NAS, so I tried installing it as the secondary memory in the outside slot, the NAS booted to 19.37 GB :D :D
So i guess the issue was that the bigger memory module had to be the primary one.

Mission Accomplished!!

I hope this helps.
Great to read this! Leaves the question if 2 x 16GB will also work. So I will order 2x 16GB and keep my fingers crossed. Will post to inform you about the result (they are hard to get here in the Netherlands, might take some time).

Thanks HP
flyingj

Post by flyingj »

flyingj wrote:Well I should get my AS6604T tomorrow and I just ordered 8GB memory: https://www.newegg.com/kingston-8gb-260 ... klink=true

I'll post back here with how it goes when it arrives! (And I'm curious to see some other responses here with their experience with adding RAM.)
OK Followup. It took me twice to get the memory inserted properly. (I didn't push it in far enough before clicking it down.) This, like the other poster was an 8GB in the spare slot and now I'm up and reading 12GB memory.

Sweet!
JAS155

Post by JAS155 »

Sorry I didn't see the post about about the S vs D. I did check the model number and it is D. I also got my other stick in tonight and installed it. Both 16s installed and working fantastically.
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

I just ordered my 6604.

and have some spare parts lying around after upgrading my dell xps 15. namely:
1) 2x 4gb sodimm dell 2666Mhz
2) 256gb NVMe SSD

any thoughts on compatibility? specifically the memory and it being 2666Mhz? anyone have any experience getting that working? it is single sided sodimm.

I understand it ofcourse needs to be inserted properly and that not everything is easily reachable (just as my 6102) but i have small fingers so that be oke.

any thoughts.
JAS155

Post by JAS155 »

All I can suggest is trial and error. You have a good chip just add the others one at a time and see what happens.
aragorn

Post by aragorn »

In the compatibility list some memory that works with AS53 is also compatible with AS66. I have tested and have been using (2x8GB) HX426S15IB2/8 and it has been working fine. Do not mix memory speeds however as this is DDR4-2666 (stock is DDR4-2400).
ndl101

Post by ndl101 »

aragorn wrote: ... (2x8GB) HX426S15IB2/8 and it has been working fine. Do not mix memory speeds however as this is DDR4-2666 (stock is DDR4-2400).
I can verify this. Just replaced another kit with two blocks of these.

Additionally, I have determined that G.Skill F4-2400C16D-16GRS (2x8GB dual channel kit) did not work for me. If one of the blocks was added to the secondary slot in addition to the original RAM, the block was not detected at all but the NAS would boot just fine. The NAS did detect one block if it had replaced the original RAM in the primary slot but halted on boot if anything else was added in the secondary slot, including the second block from the kit.

I made it long as I lacked the time to make it short.

---
Help to self-help:
How to ask (good) questions in a forum
---
General information
NAS: Lockerstor 4 (AS6604T)
danderson

Post by danderson »

AnubisB wrote:Great News!

Mission Accomplished!!

I hope this helps.

Now on to fix my VPN Issue.
Memory is not slot dependant with 16GB DIMMs. I have a PNY 16GB PC4-21300 DDR4 Laptop DIMM (BestBuy) installed in the second slot and works without any issues. Keep in mind that the seating of the DIMM is vital. When I initially installed the RAM the system did not work. I removed the DIMM and reseated and it has been running without any errors or issues.

Also, with 64-bit processors they typically handle 8GB of RAM per core (i.e. 2 cores =16 GB RAM, 4 Cores = 32GB RAM, etc).
ntdouglas

Post by ntdouglas »

I just installed a 4 gb Crucial so-dimm and its works perfectly in my Lockerstor 2.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”