Process to Upgrade a MyArchive HDD

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
Saltrams
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Process to Upgrade a MyArchive HDD

Post by Saltrams »

I have a 7004T. 2 bays occupied with Volume 1 RAID1 array and HDDs in each of the 2 MyArchive bays.
I now want to change one of the archives (doesn't matter too much which one) with a larger HDD.
Ideally, I would temporarily remove the archive that I intend to keep, add the new one, copy the data over from the one I'm going to remove then remove it and put back the other archive that I'm keeping.
So..
  • In Storage Manager, do I "Eject" (as opposed to "Remove") the archive drive I'll keep (let's call it archive2, currently in Bay3)?
    Place the new bigger drive in the Bay3 space, do the data transfer from archive1 in bay 4 (presumably within File Explorer in usual fashion, or is there a special function?)
    Then "Remove" (as opposed to "Eject") the drive I'm discarding (archive1 in Bay 4).
    And finally put the archive2 that I'm keeping (even though it will now be in Bay4 - does that matter?)
I can't find instructions for this process, or any history in the fora, so the plan I have outlined is only my own logical assumption. Is it right please?
orion

Re: Process to Upgrade a MyArchive HDD

Post by orion »

Be brave. That's quite straight forward. That should work.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: Process to Upgrade a MyArchive HDD

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Saltrams wrote:I have a 7004T. 2 bays occupied with Volume 1 RAID1 array and HDDs in each of the 2 MyArchive bays.
I now want to change one of the archives (doesn't matter too much which one) with a larger HDD.
Ideally, I would temporarily remove the archive that I intend to keep, add the new one, copy the data over from the one I'm going to remove then remove it and put back the other archive that I'm keeping.
So..
  • In Storage Manager, do I "Eject" (as opposed to "Remove") the archive drive I'll keep (let's call it archive2, currently in Bay3)?
    Place the new bigger drive in the Bay3 space, do the data transfer from archive1 in bay 4 (presumably within File Explorer in usual fashion, or is there a special function?)
    Then "Remove" (as opposed to "Eject") the drive I'm discarding (archive1 in Bay 4).
    And finally put the archive2 that I'm keeping (even though it will now be in Bay4 - does that matter?)
I can't find instructions for this process, or any history in the fora, so the plan I have outlined is only my own logical assumption. Is it right please?
Eject the drive. Remove will delete it.

Return to “NAS Utilities”