Random Freeze

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

BeanR
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Random Freeze

Post by BeanR »

Hey

I have not touch stuff on my NAS in months, Im using it for plex and TS. Suddenly when I got home from 2 days holiday it keeps getting random freeze!
I have tried to upgrade ADM and other apps. But still gets the random freeze, like between 2 minutes to 3 hours.

When it freeze, I can't control anything from it like:

- I can't find the server throgh the control panel on my computer.
- I'm lossing all my conntection to it.
- If I idle in the ADM website, it suddenly saying "Connection lost, retrying.." and nothing will happen.
- On my NAS device it also freeze. The display won't show anything, even when I', pressing my bottoms.
The only options I have is to cut the power.

Please help me fixing this.

https://imgur.com/a/5GFUxlz

ps. I know nothing about programming.
orion

Re: Random Freeze

Post by orion »

Oops, the information is quite limited. You'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it.

Edit: you can try to connect your NAS to your computer directly. If that fixes the problem, it should be the problem on your network environment.
BeanR

Post by BeanR »

orion wrote:Oops, the information is quite limited. You'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it.

Edit: you can try to connect your NAS to your computer directly. If that fixes the problem, it should be the problem on your network environment.
I can't find the NAS when it freeze though the Asustor Control Center. I will make a ticket.
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

First thing I would try is power supply, I have seen devices do random things or restart with no explanation only to get fixed permanently by changing the power supply, not greater wattage or whatever, just another different power supply.

Also, fyi, the 'bad' power supply measured ok, maybe when connected to an oscilloscope some weird thing could be observed but a regular multimeter showed nothing wrong with it.

Just my 2c.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

It's summer at YOUR place? it's hot? you thought to check that the dust didn't prevent a correct cooling of your discs?

Return to “NAS Utilities”