Problems setting up the ADM correctly on AS1004T

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Fossin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Problems setting up the ADM correctly on AS1004T

Post by Fossin »

I can’t for the life of me figure this NAS out. I bought it to be a simple remote location to save my bigger files and movies so that a small SSD is all I need in my tiny computer. When I first set it up it worked as I imagined, except I had to install some apps for it to connect to my TV for direct video playback. When I accessed files from my computer it was a bit slower than an internal disk, but usable.

I think the problems startet when I activated ADM Defender, because the “Doctor” told me to. Suddenly the TV couldn’t find it on the network anymore. I made sure to whitelist IP-addresses for all known items on my network, but still it wouldn’t work. A lot of troubleshooting with different apps, restarts and resets didn’t help, until I reinstalled UPnP Media Server V2 and added MiniDLNA. Finally the NAS showed up on my TV again, but now my computer suddenly had to “download” every file I wanted to access.

I have also wanted to move my music library onto the NAS so I can play through my TV, but no matter what folder I put the files in it won’t show up on my TV.

I know I’m not the most familiar with all this web-sharing jargon but I didn’t think it would be this difficult. I haven’t even set up the download client or enabled DDNS for remote access yet.
orion

Re: Problems setting up the ADM correctly on AS1004T

Post by orion »

Although DLNA is a standard, there are many compatibility issues among servers, players and controllers. And it's hard to identify which part is the problem. As far as I know, try-and-error is the only simple and easy way. You'll need to find out which server is compatible to your TV player. UPnP Media Server V2, UPnP Media Server, MiniDLNA, MinimServer, Serviio, KODI. And Plex server if your TV support Plex player.
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

The more things you install / run in such systems, the slower they get, sometimes going beyond the point where they are actually usable.

Only install / run the absolute minimum, or better yet, install / run nothing at all, then they perform almost as you would expect when buying them as a reasonably responsive simple file server.

Just my 2c.
Fossin

Post by Fossin »

After another reset and carefully enabling apps it seems to work again. I haven't dared enable the automatic black-list in ADM defender, as it seems this is what messed it up the last time.
I now am on the lookout for a good media server app that will work on my entry level NAS. But that is the case for another thread in the 10xx-forum.

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”