It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:04 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Losing EZ-Router when using VPN

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Losing EZ-Router when using VPN

Postby dkobelak » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 am

So whenever I configure my VPN I lose EZ-Router capability and I am unable to remote into the NAS from outside...

I have tried this two ways.. Mind you, everything works locally both of those ways except EZ-Router does not function thus not allowing me to have remote connection to the NAS.

First option I tried was to setup VPN on my asus router. This allowed me to have all my devices connected to the router to be behind a VPN.. After this EZ-Router gave me a message along the lines that possibly 2 routers are setup and my NAS external IP is different than router external IP (UPnP was enabled with an IP). I tried to research and could not figure out how to fix this.. I gave up, and disabled VPN on the router and everything was back to working order..

For the second option I decided to just setup VPN on the NAS under the network settings.. This caused EZ-router to give me a different message this time around "Either the router is incompatible or it does not have UPnP/NAT-PMP enabled).

Is there a possibility to preferably use option 1 or option 2 as my last resort and be able to be able to remote into the NAS?
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 3.5.1.R7E4
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 3.5.1.R7E4
dkobelak

Return to NAS Utilities