Encrypted MyArchive1 drive no longer excessable from laptop

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

spikey1973
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Encrypted MyArchive1 drive no longer excessable from laptop

Post by spikey1973 »

Hey guys,

when i added a new drive in my 2nd slot (as6102t) i decided to make this a swappable drive and encrypt it too.
which worked fine.

but today i replaced the drive in my first slot.. reinstalled ADM on this which runs fine (except an odd problem with the installation of the webbrowser app)
the odd thing is when i now want to excess my drive over then network i get an odd error "could not display "", file is of unknown type"

maybe this is an question i should rather ask on askubuntu site, but then again. nothing changed on my ubuntu laptop and things did change on my nas.
anyway. i exported and imported the old system settings..

and on with the old drive things worked fine, and the archive drive was also encrypted.
so it seems like that should not be the issue, none the less i believe it is.
on the other hand i don't get the chance to enter my encryption password either.

any idea's?

kind regards

Matt
orion

Re: Encrypted MyArchive1 drive no longer excessable from laptop

Post by orion »

Not sure if I understand correctly. I can enter password when I remount MyArchive drive (ADM web -> Storage Manager -> Volume -> Select Archive drive -> Remount).
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

within ADM i can excess it without problem.. (in browser in my laptop)
but browsing my network (samba?) on my laptop in nautilus (linux explorer version) i can not. which is more usefull for sharing files between laptop and nas.
orion

Post by orion »

spikey1973 wrote:within ADM i can excess it without problem.. (in browser in my laptop)
but browsing my network (samba?) on my laptop in nautilus (linux explorer version) i can not. which is more usefull for sharing files between laptop and nas.
That should not be related to samba, because encrypted shared folder is internal operation on NAS (block device driver). Sounds very interesting to me. Can you see the connected protocol under ADM web -> System information -> Online user.

Return to “NAS Utilities”