webbrowser is refusing to install

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

spikey1973
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

webbrowser is refusing to install

Post by spikey1973 »

hey guys,

eh.. i recieved a nieuw (2e) 8tb seagate ironwolf intended as primairy disk 7 slot one.

so i removed the old drive and inserted the new seagate and, went through the standard setup.
Afterwards i wanted to install kodi. As expected there were dependencies, which were neatly picked out and listed to install in according orders.

starting with x.org and 2e webbrowser.. which downloaded, but afterwards it's refusing to install. it just stops. no error message, not even in the log.
the odd thing is that the activity monitor shows 100KB/s download still going, which is the same "speed" when downloading the webbrowser.
the log does have some error's on not completing download of webbrowser, but those do not corrolate with the timing the green bar reaches the end.
As said after the green bar reaches the end it continues the download, it looks and sounds like that anyway. when that stops then the error message appears, being:

download App Failed (Ref. -190) At the moment i'm typing and editing this i'm still trying..
and as far as i see this is the sequence.
1) start of the green status bar (on average 100KB/s download speed)
2) green status bar reaches the end
3) download speed continues, on average 100KB/s without progress bar.
4) download stops (3-4x the time for the status bar to reacht the end)
5) error message: download App Failed (Ref. -190) in the log appeers

when the green bar reached the end the cpu load did go up to about 70% for a (few) seconds, but without any other visual results.
but i'm not 100% certain this is linked.

tried to download it just webbrowser and let it install instead of as part of the entire list.. samething.
looked for an .apk to install manually but can't find it in the list of app in this link, which is odd! as those are supposed to be all the apps !?
https://www.asustor.com/service/downloads?product_id=3.

edit: did find it here:
https://appdownload.asustor.com/?C=M;O=D
installed this version after downloading and several warnings not to install any apps not asustor certified, but it installed (finally)
now i'm trying the remaining programs that were depending on webbrowser, hope they will indeed complete installation and that they will actually work.

anyone any idea why it didn't install from the app central?
also how can it be that it continues to download after the green bar reaches the end? if it does.
and that it doens't appear here https://www.asustor.com/service/downloads?product_id=3 either.
initially i was thinking an error in x.org install as that is necessairy for the webbrowser, but removed it and reinstalled it.. without improvement.
also other apps seem to install fine, as long as there is no webbrowser dependency.
python, avast.. all without problems.

i also thought about the need for a beta version of the webbrowser as this might have been the case with the beta version of ADM 3. but it didn't find it under the beta apps.
by the way i'm running the fresh new ADM 3.0.0.R8N2, could this be a bug? ifso should i report it? it is no longer beta.

it ran perfectly on my previous disk which had it all installed before the ADM update.

any oppinions? all are appreciated.

kind regards

Matt
orion

Re: webbrowser is refusing to install

Post by orion »

Mine is working fine although I installed xbmc, rather than kodi. ;)
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

that should be rather similar not?

when did you install it?

greatz Matt
orion

Post by orion »

spikey1973 wrote:that should be rather similar not?

when did you install it?

greatz Matt
The day that I got a notification when login. Last Wed or Thu as I remembered. My NAS is AS-304T. However, I guess that the issue you encountered might be a temporary network busy issue.

Return to “NAS Utilities”