VPN suggestion to use with NAS

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DavidHen
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

VPN suggestion to use with NAS

Post by DavidHen »

I am eagerly looking out for cheap VPNs that I can invest into to use with NAS for extra security and encrypted connection, which is my huge concern these days. Any kind of help will be appreciated, you can also tell about your VPN setup, to take inspiration from
sksbir

Re: VPN suggestion to use with NAS

Post by sksbir »

hi
what for do you need VPN ? Asustor NAS are provided with VPN server and client. I use VPN server on my NAS to get access from outside to my NAS, to all services that are not mapped to outside.
Out of that, ADM defender is a good solution to protect access to your NAS.
Ford Henly

Post by Ford Henly »

Try https://www.bestvpnprovider.com/fastest-vpn-service/ for selecting vpns for NAS. I bought one from here and it works best for streaming purpose.
Ant0NLombArD0

Post by Ant0NLombArD0 »

DavidHen wrote:I am eagerly looking out for cheap VPNs that I can invest into to use with NAS for extra security and encrypted connection, which is my huge concern these days. Any kind of help will be appreciated, you can also tell about your VPN setup, to take inspiration from
hey dave.

1. having tried a handful inexpensive options myself, and literally zero expensive ones, i'd say you do have a lot to chose from if you can pop around 4-5 bucks a month. if you can make a one-time investment, some of them offer their annual or 2-year plan under 50-60 bucks. check out those review sites like vpnranks or bestvpn or bestvpnservice or a dozen others on value-for-money deals. one decent cheap vpn post i landed on last year was this. it was on a deal when i picked it up. but like i said, it's been almost a year now. so idk.

2. about encryption, you should check out if they offer 256 bit encryption or something more secure. some of your options will automatically be eliminated if you read up on security first, thus taking you closer to a better decision.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

In order to offer high quality services, VPN providers have to pay a considerable amount for the bandwidth and it makes it hard to find a reliable service with for free. While you search for a free VPN service please note that such Providers are more likely to log your activities and serve contextual ads while you're connected. They're also more likely to use your usage habits to tailor future ads to you, have fewer exit locations, and weak commitments to privacy so if logging and privacy are important to you, you may want to avoid them.

In order to find the best one, go online and check out the black friday vpn deals. Make a comparison of the features, costs, security, speed, bandwidth, server location and connectivity protocol. By doing your research beforehand, you can narrow down your options to two or three VPN service providers before making a final decision.
Last edited by Ryan on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prefer User Recommendations and Ratings
robertperkins

Post by robertperkins »

My suggestion goes for surfshark vpn. Quite cheap and reliable. I am currently using it. I have read the review of surfshark before purchasing it.so I suggest you use surfshark with NAS
UserAbuser

Post by UserAbuser »

My suggestion goes for surfshark vpn. Quite cheap and reliable.
Tried it but it didn't serve all my needs so decided to switch. Tunnel bear is quite attractive but Is TunnelBear Safe? I can't really understand even though I managed to find a lot of info.
cj993

Post by cj993 »

DavidHen wrote:I am eagerly looking out for cheap VPNs that I can invest into to use with NAS for extra security and encrypted connection, which is my huge concern these days. Any kind of help will be appreciated, you can also tell about your VPN setup, to take inspiration from
If you are looking for cheap vpn than look no further, Surfshark VPN provides services with reasonable cost and even though Surfshark offers all the fancy bells and whistles you find in more premium VPN services, their prices and subscription plans are unbelievably affordable. To check interesting Subscription plans read surfshark vpn review 2019
Tuscck

Post by Tuscck »

cj993 wrote:
If you are looking for cheap vpn than look no further, Surfshark VPN provides services with reasonable cost and even though Surfshark offers all the fancy bells and whistles you find in more premium VPN services, their prices and subscription plans are unbelievably affordable. To check interesting Subscription plans read surfshark vpn review 2019
Not much of a review:

tjek these sites for realistic reviews:

Code: Select all

https://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-keep-you-anonymous-in-2019/

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/
Alex11

Post by Alex11 »

I recommend FastestVPN. Firstly, it produces great speed resutls and super strong ecrtyption along with supporting the widest range of protocols. Secondly, it also supports up to 20+ devices inlcuding NAS. Just putting out my positive experience with it. You could also take a look at an extensive review that could further help you.

Return to “NAS Utilities”