Restore Asustor Without lose RAID5

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

max1803
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Restore Asustor Without lose RAID5

Post by max1803 »

Hi, I new in this forum, I made a fast search and I don't found a tutorial for reset the nas to factory mode. But I don't want lose my data in my RAID5, can u help me?
I have a Asustor 3204T, I found a lot of error, I can update the app and in SSH mode, I found a lot of file in status “Structure needs cleaning”.

Can u help me?
orion

Re: Restore Asustor Without lose RAID5

Post by orion »

As far as I know, there are 2 kinds of reset: reset button on the back (hold the button for 10 seconds) and ADM factory reset. ADM factory reset will remove all of your volumes (yes, your RAID5 volume). Reset button will only reset network configuration and admin password. I believe none of these two resets can recover your "structure error". I guess you should send a support request to asustor to check it. https://support.asustor.com/
max1803

Post by max1803 »

I sand a request, but they tall me to restart the nas, I made it and I sand a replay, after this none replay my problem... the Asustor support sucks... I try to restore my configuration without lose the raid, I try with the reset button, but the configuration and password don't change, I change my nas with a Qnap, Asustor is a joke.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

In a standard Linux a default in structure can be corrected (not always)
... first by a check (search and tag bad sectors) on each disk
... then to solve structure file system problems ... by a fsck (file system check)

If Asustor start ... first use disk doctor
... for the fs check ... I don't know where it is on Asustor (so you can do it manually (even the busybox applet is poor)

I never search if it's possible on Asustor, but on other NAS brand, we use a boot from an USB key (for model with Intel or AMD processor and access to the bios or EFI) any complete Linux with Raid, lvm and disk tools
... so the hard disk are reserved for check ...

BUT if the original error are really destroy the structure ... the only way is to try tools for recover damadged disks (also some company can do it ... but it's generally high price.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “NAS Utilities”