Move function from File Manager does not move folders, only files within them

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dkobelak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Move function from File Manager does not move folders, only files within them

Post by dkobelak »

I was recently moving some folders between directories using the asustor file manager and noticed that files within folders have been moved to new location and in proper folder names, however the old folders remained empty and were not moved/deleted... anyone else noticed having the same issue?
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
orion

Re: Move function from File Manager does not move folders, only files within them

Post by orion »

I just tried it. The function is working fine. I moved shared_folder_1\test folder to shared_folder_2. "test" folder and those files under it are moved to shared_folder_2. Did you do the same?
sksbir

Re: Move function from File Manager does not move folders, only files within them

Post by sksbir »

After that move, did you successfully remove the remaining folders ?
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

orion wrote:I just tried it. The function is working fine. I moved shared_folder_1\test folder to shared_folder_2. "test" folder and those files under it are moved to shared_folder_2. Did you do the same?
that's correct, the files and folders get moved.. now go back and look at shared_folder_1\test... when you successfully move a folder, old one was supposed to be removed.. for me, I did a move of 85 folders.. so new location did have proper folder names and files under it, however my old location ended up with 85 empty folders.. those folders should of been removed after a successful move function..

UPDATE:
So I just did a reboot on the NAS and tried this again and it worked this time around.. not sure what happened there, but the reboot seems to have fixed it..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2

Return to “NAS Utilities”