Beware update to Control Center 2.1.1.14210 for Windows

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
SPOinNS
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Beware update to Control Center 2.1.1.14210 for Windows

Post by SPOinNS »

Think twice before updating Asustor Control Center for Windows to the latest 2.1.1.14210

I downloaded and installed the update through the push notification I got on Feb 24, 2017.

It won't stop scanning even after it has found my NAS. If I cancel the scan the 'found' status of my NAS disappears. It won't open a ADM tab in my browser (Firefox) and frequently refuses to start from a double click on it's desktop icon.

I uninstalled it and redownloaded from Asustor direct. That didn't make any difference. Same problems.

I decided to uninstall it through Windows control panel. It wouldn't uninstall because the program was still running in the background. I had to kill the Control Center (32) task manually and then uninstall. There was no evidence of a running process on the desktop or taskbar.

It's flaky as hell. I suspect it's yet another untried, untested and undocumented software release from Asustor prior to rolling out ADM 2.7.

Let's hope that ADM 2.7 is more carefully tested before deployment.

I ended up rolling back to Control Center 2.1.1.4150 which works perfectly for me.

Return to “NAS Utilities”