myasustor.com ddns not resolved.

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

spikey1973
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

myasustor.com ddns not resolved.

Post by spikey1973 »

hey guys,

finally got my outside access working. took me a while but i got there.
thatis i can contact my nas via the ip adress, although i have my ddns settings up and funtioning (success is reported) i cant resolve the adress by ***.myasustor.com dns adress.

did i mis something, is the surver down at myasustor.com or something, can / should i try another ddns (dynsdns?)

anyway. i'm happy i can use the ipadress but dns would be a lot easier in the long run.

Kind regards

Matt
orion

Re: myasustor.com ddns not resolved.

Post by orion »

The only possible case is that the IP address used by xxx.myasustor.com is different from your real external IP. You can "ping" xxx.myasustor.com outside your local network to check that. Not sure why NAS registered a wrong external IP address. It may result from how you setup your public external IP. The solution for you might be external ddns.
MikeG.6.5

Re: myasustor.com ddns not resolved.

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

This happens to me quite a bit when my ISP forces a new DHCP assigned IP on me. (Sometimes as often as 8 or 10 times a day, usually as I near the cap they imposed.) The only real resolution if to just wait it out and your NAS will update after a few minutes, and the DDNS server a few minutes after that.

Usually within an hour everything is working correctly, at least until the ISP resets my IP again... :(

Return to “NAS Utilities”