Suddenly all media files not showing on Samsung Smart TV

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
kelben
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Suddenly all media files not showing on Samsung Smart TV

Post by kelben »

Need suggestions as to where to start troubleshooting when my new Samsung 9500 out of nowhere says there are no files to be found on my NAS.

NAS is Asustor 4-bay 604T with latest firmware. For years this has worked outstanding. THe NAS is connected via cable to my router, as is the TV. The Nas shows up on "sources" and tv shows and movie folders on my NAS has been easily accessible.

All of a sudden NO FILES are shown (From TV menu; When I click on the NAS itself and when I click the UPnP media servers). Ive tried to restart everything, turn the media app servers on/off... scanned again (They find all the files)... but still nothing.

This is so frustrating... I made a plex server, which works... but is lame slow compared to directly access the NAS through the smart TV itself.

Any tips on where to begin? Anyone had similar problems? Im using the SONAR app to organize all my tvshows/movies and therefore would be nice to be able to directly access everything on my smart TV. :)
MikeG.6.5

Re: Suddenly all media files not showing on Samsung Smart TV

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

It's been my experience that the so called "Smart TV's" can develop Alzhimer's and become "Dumb TV's" over time.... Not sure if this is the case for you or not. On the Plex forums, most people recommend not using the Plex Client app, but to use a Roku or other client device to view via Plex Media Server.

And I know, not a lot of help.... Sorry....
kelben

Re: Suddenly all media files not showing on Samsung Smart TV

Post by kelben »

Well, since I could not find much about this issue on the net, I started out with a factory reset on the TV.... which did the trick... my files are accessible again!! :D

Should have done this before posting here. Anyway, thanks for the reply Mike !

Return to “NAS Utilities”