Consistancy check

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Consistancy check

Post by orion »

Raided wrote:Ok i gave it a try but the first command doesn't really tell me anything i don't already know and the second says access is denied?
Ok, you login to NAS as "admin". As I mentioned earlier, you should login to NAS as "root" account (the password is the same as admin). That is the reason you got permission denied.
According to your picture, your volume (md1) is now in recovery state. You'll need to wait for the completion of this task, then do the check.

By the way, it seems that the recovery speed = 25618K/sec. You can speed it up by the command:

Code: Select all

echo 120000 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min
You can check the result by execute the command (cat /proc/mdstat) again.
Raided

Post by Raided »

Thanks Missed that crucial step lol got it going now so after the check has finished and i enter the cat /proc/mdstat command it will say if theres any errors?
orion

Post by orion »

Raided wrote:Thanks Missed that crucial step lol got it going now so after the check has finished and i enter the cat /proc/mdstat command it will say if theres any errors?
Oh, I mean you can check how much the speed is increased by command "cat /proc/mdstat" (if you executed command "echo 120000 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min").

You'll need to check "mismatch_count" after you have done integrity check.
Raided

Post by Raided »

OK i have done the integrity check but im having trouble seeing the results i put the command /sys/block/md1/md/mismatch_cnt and it says access denied? Sorry im not very good at this lol :D
orion

Post by orion »

Raided wrote:OK i have done the integrity check but im having trouble seeing the results i put the command /sys/block/md1/md/mismatch_cnt and it says access denied? Sorry im not very good at this lol :D
Oops, you should execute the command "cat /sys/block/md1/md/mismatch_cnt". "cat" is linux command to show a file content on console. If everything is fine, the count should be zero.
Raided

Post by Raided »

Thats great, got the nice round figure i was looking for

Return to “NAS Utilities”