Migration, initial setup of RAID 5

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
j0achim
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Migration, initial setup of RAID 5

Post by j0achim »

Hi!

I recently decided to go from my own homebuilt NAS server to Asustor becuase of mainly noise, heat, power consumption and of-course the apps which i have experienced before when setting up several apps for a friend of mine.

Initially I figured I would setup my new Asustor AS5004T with a single disk just to get it up and running with the plans of upgrading to 4 disks each 3TB, which I did I started the migration from raid 1 to raid 5 over a day ago (no data was stored on the NAS), and still the migration is working thus far it is only done adding 1 disk and working on adding the 2nd disk with one remaining afterwords. I am currently sitting at 53% after 30hours and running.

After somne googling I have found a few posts regaring other simlar NAS that it's possible to speed up the migration process making it quicker. Is it possible to do any such thing on Asustor NAS?

Edit: I found a article describing what I wanted to achieve but there would be no difference as the NAS is rebuilding at close to top speed at the moment.

http://www.ducea.com/2006/06/25/increas ... struction/

Return to “NAS Utilities”