Newbie time. Can't even get started

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

THX1139
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Newbie time. Can't even get started

Post by THX1139 »

So I got this new AS6204T thing installed and configured (I think).

But how do I add files to it? It won't accept my external exfat USB drives full of files. Wrong filesystem. I can connect the drives to my Mac but the FIle explorer will only upload one file at a time and I have thousands in hundreds of folders. (Can't select a folder only its contents)

So I set up an ftp server. Easy. But transfers are aborted almost immediately. "Could not change directory to... Transfer aborted. Link to file server lost". I have also tried setting up a Mac AFP service which is even more convenient to use but that also gets disconnected after a while, saying that I don't have permission.

So how do I get anything onto it? It's something so basic that searching won't answer it. After three hours I have successfully uploaded 4 movies out of almost 1500. Is this going to take the rest of the year?

P.S. Couldn't even post to this forum until now. "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." Everything has been like this.
orion

Re: Newbie time. Can't even get started

Post by orion »

I think the most convenient way is AFP. I guess that your login account is different from the one that you granted access rights. You can check who is connected to NAS under ADM web page -> System Information -> Online User. You need to check access right settings under ADM web page -> Access Control -> Shared Folders.
THX1139

Re: Newbie time. Can't even get started

Post by THX1139 »

Thanks, that worked fine! I hadn't done my settings correctly. :)

EDIT: ...and less than two minutes after posting that the file copying stopped. Sigh. Well I'll just have to do it in parts. It'll get there in the end.

Thanks again!

Return to “NAS Utilities”