Several beginners problems using the 602T

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
truelslone
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Several beginners problems using the 602T

Post by truelslone »

Hi!

I have recently bought the Asustor 602T and encountered several problems trying to use its functionalities. As background information: my router is a Tilgin HG1113 and may be part of the problems... In other, I regard myself not as a high-tech data-geek, but way over the average competent with computer hard- and software. I am sorry about this becoming a messy topic, but I want to describe my problems and the temporary solutions I have tried.

Problem 1: Remote access
I have managed to set my 602T and transfer files between it and my computer using ethernet cable between the 602T and my router, and both ethernet or local wlan on my computer. I have not managed to access the 602T from the internet, even though I have tried to set up and use the cloud-feature. I have a NetGear Stora that I have no problems using Netgears cloud-feature with, using the same router. Unfortunately I do not have username and pasword for my router, so I have not had the chance to manually configure the router as described in your "Asustor College"-pdf. I have though sent a request about the username and pasword to my internet- and routersupplier. Any common mistakes, or suggestions for solutions?

Problem 2: Unreliable connecting switching between LAN1, LAN2 and wi-fi
I have experienced varieting easyness/difficulties connecting to my 602T. I have tried both LAN-ports, and wi-fi dongle. Usually I have no problem connection through the LAN-ports, though the LAN2 seem to less reliable than LAN1 (might be coincidence). Sometimes though the control center reports that the LAN-connection is "not ready", independent of how long I let it stay connected. The wi-fi dongle I have used is a Samsung WIS12ABGNX (yep, I know its not in your compatibility-list, but still). Using ethernet I always discover the 602T through the Control Center installed on my PC, while I seldom can discover nor use the 602T using only the wi-fi. While both ethernet and wi-fi is connected, the wi-fi status in "Settings" allways says that there is good signal with my router, and that wi-fi is "completed" ( = connected I presume). Using AIremote on my Iphone I still have not been able to discover the 602T while only wi-fi is connected. I am always able to discover it while being connected through ethernet. Can you help me assume any reason for why discovering and connecting to my 602T should be unreliable?

Problem 3: Blurry picture on the TV
I have tried using the 602T on my TV using the HDMI-cable and Boxee. I experienced the picture as slightly blurry, just a hint so that I after less than 5 minutes become tired in my eyes... I don't have this problem using my computer or other media connected to the TV. I believe that the picture must be just a hint of shaky, or that the picture-frequency is not good for my eye. I believe the TV reported 75Hz in frequency, which is faster than when I use my computer without problem (60Hz). I cannot find anywhere in the settings where I can adjust this. Have anybody else reported this problem, or is there an easy solution to this?

Thank you for any help! 8-)

-Truels from Norway
Elsa.L

Re: Several beginners problems using the 602T

Post by Elsa.L »

Hi truelslone :

I'm Elsa from Asustor technical support department.

For problem 1,
can you please take the screenshots of the EZ-router page and help us confirm if your router supports UPnP?
If the router supports UPnP, to access from internet should work without configuring anything on the router.
If the router doesn't support UPnP, you'll need to configure some port forwarding rules for NAS. So yes, you'll need to contact with your ISP for the username and password for your router.

For problem 2,
could you please help to confirm if you're using the latest ADM and Control Center.
the latest ADM version will be 1.0.9.R661
and Control Center will be 1.0.4.13220

For problem 3,
Would you please help to install the boxee-diagnose(boxee-diagnose_1.0.4.x86-64.apk) manually via App Central?
I'll PM you for the download link.It can generate the full log of Boxee
Below is the procedure to process the diagnose for boxee
1. Disable Boxee first
- Launch App Central
- Click installed App, and double click Boxee
- Click the Enable button, it will disable the Boxee

2. Install boxee-diagnose
- Launch App Central, click Other sources
- Click browse to select boxee-diagnose_1.0.4_x86-64.apk
- Then click upload) to install

3. Enable Boxee
- Click installed App, and double click Boxee
- Click the Disable button, it will enable the Boxee

4. Please go to App Central to Disable boxee-diagnose, then Enable it again.
- Click installed App, and double click boxee-diagnose
- Click the Enable button, it will disable the Boxee-diagnose
=> it will generate a boxee-diagnose* of Boxee log file in /Public fodler.

5. Copy /Public/boxee-diagnose-*.tbz to me
- If your PC is windows , use File explorer ( \\ip of NAS\Public ) to mount NAS public folder, and you will see a file b0xee-diagnose-*.tbz
- If you are using Mac:, you can use cmd+K to mount NAS public folder, and you will see a file b0xee-diagnose-*.tbz
Please send that file to us, and I will let engineer investigate what happens on it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concern,
thank you!

Have a nice day!
truelslone

Post by truelslone »

Thank you for your reply! I am away, possibly until next week, so I will try your suggestions as soon as I get home again.
truelslone

Post by truelslone »

Problem 1
It seems like the router does not support Upnp. I now have the username and password for my router, but have not managed to set up port forwarding correctly. I tried to follow the pdf "Remote access - manual configuration", but I don't recognize the headers in the example. I have attached a picture of how my router-configuration interface looks.

Problem 2
I have the latest ADM-version. The control center is version 1.0.9.R4U1. How do I update the control center?

Problem 3
Haven't tried this yet, so I'll have to check it out later.
Attachments
Tilgin router port forwarding.JPG
Tilgin router port forwarding.JPG (40.06 KiB) Viewed 6308 times
Elsa.L

Post by Elsa.L »

Dear Truelslone:

Problem 1
please provide a Teamviewer remote session so we can check if we are able to configure your router for port forwarding.
please send us your Teamviewer ID and password to : support@asustor.com

Problem 2
we release new ADM version 1.0.9 R661,
you can download both ADM and ACC from here http://www.asustor.com/service/downloads?product_id=8
after download, please go to "settings --> ADM update", click "manually update" to upload ADM file.
for ACC you can just execute the setup file you downloaded, and the installation will lead you finish the update of ACC

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concern,

Have a nice day!

Elsa

Return to “NAS Utilities”