[Backup & Restore - Remote Sync] Encounter Problem

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
idler
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Backup & Restore - Remote Sync] Encounter Problem

Post by idler »

Hi Support,

Currently, I am setting Remote Sync Relationship (Rysnc Compatible Server -> NAS).
Although the files/folders can be rsynced to NAS, the owner and group of rysnced files/folder are set to root and 401 respectively.
In order to read/write the rsynced files/folders through CIFS/File Explorer, the owner and group of rsynced files/folders must be rectified to admin and administrators and the files/folders permission must be set to appropriate rights.

I would like to change default rsync owner, default rsync group and default rsync permission to another account and permisison instead of root, 401 and 700(permisson). May I know where the rsyncd.conf is or how to change the default rsync owner, group permission?

Best Regards,

Idler
ho66es

Re: [Backup & Restore - Remote Sync] Encounter Problem

Post by ho66es »

i believe its in /usr/builtin/etc/rsync/rsyncd.conf
608t
idler

Post by idler »

After modifying the configuration file /usr/builtin/etc/rsync/rsyncd.conf and restarting the service rsyncd, the UID, GID and permission still cannot be assigned correctly.
The only way to control the permission of incoming files and folders is to add "outgoing chmod" on the source host. However, it still cannot solve the UID and GID problem.

Please advise how to control the UID and GID of incoming files from rsync compatitable server to NAS.

# cat /usr/builtin/etc/rsync/rsyncd.conf
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
secrets file = /usr/builtin/etc/rsync/rsyncd.secrets
strict modes = false
port = 873
uid = admin
gid = administrators

incoming chmod = a+rwx
fake super = yes
read only = false
idler

Post by idler »

The rsync (rsync compatitable server --> NAS) behavior is not same as that on (rsync compatitable srever --> rsync compatitable server)

Return to “NAS Utilities”