Sharing URL/Weblinks on NAS - AiData

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MadDogDean
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Sharing URL/Weblinks on NAS - AiData

Post by MadDogDean »

Hey all, this seems to be an issues all over when I look it up.

Anyone have thoughts about how to share weblinks in a folder on the NAS? While browsing online, if I find a page interested for others to see, I would like to be able to save a link on a shared folder on the NAS. I can drag the link from the browsers address bar to my desktop and open in on my PC, but this only links created are either .URL or .lnk.

Android has no idea what to do with these files, and if I touch "OPEN THIS FILE", I only get a few program options - none of with are browsers. I get my PDF reader, TotalCommander, Gallery, Certificate Installer, etc, but nothing to open the browser.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Nazar78

Re: Sharing URL/Weblinks on NAS - AiData

Post by Nazar78 »

TBH it's been long since I save URL links back in the old days IE export/import html bookmarks. Nowadays I would just save bookmarks in Google account let it sync vice versa across Chrome Desktop (PC/laptops), Androids or the NAS (LXC Ubuntu Chrome Desktop).

Anyway on Android, you can install this then open URL files with it which will redirect to the default browser, https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ny.urlopen.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “NAS Utilities”