Unable to see files in shares

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
JohnnyDrama
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Unable to see files in shares

Post by JohnnyDrama »

I recently purchased a drivesstor 4 pro to replace some old WD My cloud drives. I'm running win10 as my OS, with drives using NTFS. When I copy files from my local drives on my PC to a file share I've created on the drivestor, I can only see the top level folder in windows file explorer. I cannot see any sub folders or files. When I look in the asustor file explorer I can see everything.

If I copy files from the WD My Cloud drives to the file share on the asustor I can see subfolders and files in windows file explorer with no issues. When copying from the local drives or the WD My cloud devices to the files share on the asustor I'm using the same method...a basic robocopy command.

Not sure why I cannot see the files copied from the local drives in windows file explorer.

Thoughts?
orion

Re: Unable to see files in shares

Post by orion »

OK, I don't understand what you described...
Anyway, you might login to NAS with another user such that access right for shared folder is not correct. You can check what user you apply: ADM web -> System Information -> Online user.
orion

Re: Unable to see files in shares

Post by orion »

orion wrote:OK, I don't understand what you described...
Anyway, you might login to NAS with another user (windows user) such that access right for shared folder is not correct. You can check what user you applied: ADM web -> System Information -> Online user.

Return to “NAS Utilities”