FTP Won't Complete. Stopped At 100%

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Mook
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

FTP Won't Complete. Stopped At 100%

Post by Mook »

I just got my Asustor earlier this week and have been using FTP to copy files from my old NAS. No issues until today.

I started a copy of a 2TB share. After the FTP app finished calculating and started the copy it said there were 938 GB to copy not 2TB. I knew I was gonna have a problem. I check my old NAS and saw no errors or problems. I thought maybe the source NAS was the problem bit it's fine.

I've copied 16TB so far with no issues. Now this.

Any ideas other than to delete that share and try again? Is there anyway I can check the Asustor for errors? Not much experience with Asustor in a week.
Nazar78

Re: FTP Won't Complete. Stopped At 100%

Post by Nazar78 »

More details needed. Which is the server and which is the client? Both on the same file system?

You could probably use the resume feature on the client but I would use rsync instead to mirror the data.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
Mook

Post by Mook »

Wish I was more familiar with rsync. I've never used it. Need to read up more. I felt uncomfortable with it on first reading and just wanted to get this over with so I went with something I knew about.

Copying data from a ReadyNAS 316 to AS6510T. To keep moving I simply stopped the "hung" copy and started another. These things take so long. I like to get to points were I can run the major shares at night.

I'll try to resume when the current copy is finished but I don't have a lot if hope since the Asustor saw only 938 GB instead of the 2TB on the source. The status bar shows 100% and continues pulsing but won't give me a complete status.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

You still haven't answered the previous questions. So it's still unclear how you did the transfer, screenshots perhaps? Both NAS has the capabilities of running both server and client mode. Logging can be enabled on the server side, also on the client side albeit you can see it from the live console depending how you run it.
Screenshot 2022-04-24 045901.png
Screenshot 2022-04-24 045901.png (73.13 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
Rsync is quite simple actually, more advanced when used via the CLI.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “NAS Utilities”