File Explorer problems

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
ZeD
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

File Explorer problems

Post by ZeD »

Hi there!

I have issues coping many of files & dirs from my USB disk to Asustor RAID with File Explorer.

I see a warning with note in Task monitor that some files could not be copied without any details. And it seems after some errors copy process stop.

Can I see logs and details somehow?

If there any limitation on file length, file naming using special symbols, dir-in-dir length, file size, etc.?

If there any recomendation how to move data to new RAID from USB without any problems?

Many thanks in advance!

z
orion

Re: File Explorer problems

Post by orion »

You can try: ADM web -> Backup & Restore -> Internal Backup. If you still get problems, I think you should send a support request to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/
ZeD

Post by ZeD »

Tnanks orion!
BobN2Tech

Post by BobN2Tech »

I have had several issues with using a mapped network drive in Win 10 to write to the NAS AS1104T as well. Asside from being very slow, the copying typically drops down to 100's KB/s and at best I've seen 24 MB/s, but what is worse it will just stop cold. I can kill the task, try again and sometimes it works and other times stops in same percentage. I end up connecting a USB external drive to the NAS with the files and copy from the USB drive to the NAS. If anyone has figured out how to solve this issue, please let me know.
orion

Post by orion »

BobN2Tech wrote:I have had several issues with using a mapped network drive in Win 10 to write to the NAS AS1104T as well. Asside from being very slow, the copying typically drops down to 100's KB/s and at best I've seen 24 MB/s, but what is worse it will just stop cold. I can kill the task, try again and sometimes it works and other times stops in same percentage. I end up connecting a USB external drive to the NAS with the files and copy from the USB drive to the NAS. If anyone has figured out how to solve this issue, please let me know.
I guess it's caused by your network environment. Did you use cable connection?
BobN2Tech

Post by BobN2Tech »

All connections to the NAS are via a 1 Gb switch cable connection. I don't seem to have an issue copying from NAS to my PC via Windows explorer (as far as I've tried). I have noticed though that when I am copying from the PC to the NAS via WIndows Explorer the Network speed as shown in the Asustor Activity monitor seems to only be around 25MB/s which seems pretty low. I was using an external USB external drive connected to the PC and copying from it to the NAS. If I connect the USB external to the NAS and use the Asustor File Explorer I can see transfer rates well over 100MB/s.

Return to “NAS Utilities”