Mysterious Volume snapshot

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

iheresss
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Mysterious Volume snapshot

Post by iheresss »

Hi there,

I just updated my AS5304T to ADM 3.5.7.RJ92 and decided to run defragment right after. I noticed that after the defragment I suddenly use more storage and I found there is a 777GB snapshot appears on Snapshot Center even though I have never create any snapshot nor have any schedule running. This is totally weird and unexpected behavior.

If anyone here has answer how to remove this snapshot please share, thanks!

orion

Re: Mysterious Volume snapshot

Post by orion »

Based on my limited memory (cannot make sure of it), I saw this kind of info before. It seems that it should be revised after you press refresh icon.
iheresss

Post by iheresss »

orion wrote:Based on my limited memory (cannot make sure of it), I saw this kind of info before. It seems that it should be revised after you press refresh icon.
I've tried refreshing it many times already but it's still there. I also tried to SSH and run some btrfs cmd to see where this snapshot came from but don't see anything out of ordinary.
orion

Post by orion »

Sounds weird. Can you post the output of the following commands (note: you should replace "volume2" as the volume name in your case)?

Code: Select all

btrfs quota enable /volume2
btrfs qgroup show /volume2
btrfs subvolume list /volume2
btrfs quota disable /volume2
iheresss

Post by iheresss »

orion wrote:Sounds weird. Can you post the output of the following commands (note: you should replace "volume2" as the volume name in your case)?

Code: Select all

btrfs quota enable /volume2
btrfs qgroup show /volume2
btrfs subvolume list /volume2
btrfs quota disable /volume2

Here's the result. Look like a lot of docker image here. It's only 2.8GB in size though, far too small for 7-800GB I'm seeing in Snapshot Center.

After some digging in Portainer I found there is a snapshot function configured to run every 5 mins. Now I reconfig it to be 82400 hours instead.

Return to “NAS Utilities”