VPN Connection

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DisasterIncarnate
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

VPN Connection

Post by DisasterIncarnate »

I tried the option to add a VPN in network connections, entered all the details as plus the guides on asustor/expressvpn, the connection connects fine, however there is no internet access while it is enabled, internet works when VPN is disabled.

Same setup on windows and my android phone work fine, internet works, its just the Asustor that has no working internet, is there anything that can be altered/changed to get it working properly?

Re: VPN Connection

after much installing/deinstalling, i found that removing Linux Center makes my VPN work perfectly, reinstalling Linux Center breaks the VPN causing internet access to fail/freeze/timeout.

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Verify that internal network use by Linux Center don't use the same network as VPN ...

I can't verify (I am in travel) ... but try changing VPN network if you are define as a server.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
DisasterIncarnate

the connection options are grey'd out in linux center, i cannot change any settings. simply having linux center "installed" from app central breaks the vpn even if i have yet to launch it.

Post by Nazar78 »

Installing and running the linux center will create a bridge network over existing interface, e.g. for my case the load balancing bond0-br. Some of the apps are not configured to automatically adapt to these routing changes I believe. You can try change the vpn settings on the system level however I haven't tried this as I'm using openvpn in chroot.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
DisasterIncarnate

yeah nothing seemed to work so i gave up and just run my VPN inside a linux VM now, honestly a lot of apps here seem to have glaring issues that the forum search shows goes back many years and these little issues remain, combined with a prety dead forum i can now see why many jump ship to other manufacturers, can easily see my next incoming purchace being something other than asustor now, shame really, really good hardware imho, just rubbish support/software that lets it all down.

Honestly kinda upset as I made my purchace based on a handful of youtubers singing the praises of several asustor NAS, really shows that they probably dont use the devices much other than for basic storage, or at least 1 would mentioned the terrible state of the software and the near dead forums.

Return to “NAS Utilities”