NAS & Printer

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

coat
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS & Printer

Post by coat »

Hi everyone!
I have a problem with my AS1004T v2 and the printer.
I have connected the printer (Samsung SCX-4x21 Series) to the NAS.
It detect the printer in "External peripherals" and I set it as Network Printer.
I can find the NAS and shared folder in Network folder on my Windows 10 but I can't find the printer.

I have also tried to set the printer as USB IP Printer to connect it by ASUSTOR Control Center but when I go to Action -> USB IP Printer and click to "Connect"....nothing happen (and sometimes ACC cant' find my NAS....don't know why).

I've also tried this and this guides without success.

Can you halp me?

Thank you very much
rizarefaldi

Re: NAS & Printer

Post by rizarefaldi »

coat wrote:Hi everyone!
I have a problem with my AS1004T v2 and the printer.
I have connected the printer (Samsung SCX-4x21 a4 Series) to the NAS.
It detect the printer in "External peripherals" and I set it as Network Printer.
I can find the NAS and shared folder in Network folder on my Windows 10 but I can't find the printer.

I have also tried to set the printer as USB IP Printer to connect it by ASUSTOR Control Center but when I go to Action -> USB IP Printer and click to "Connect"....nothing happen (and sometimes ACC cant' find my NAS....don't know why).

I've also tried this and this guides without success.

Can you halp me?

Thank you very much
i month without solution, im also getting this issue. Did you fix your issue?
orion

Post by orion »

I did not try this function before. I'll suggest you to send a support ticket to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
elFarto

Post by elFarto »

Again with the 'open a support ticket' , I guess you assume if you don't have the answer no one but support will

I suggest posting on https://www.reddit.com/r/asustor there are far more capable people posting there
orion

Post by orion »

elFarto wrote:Again with the 'open a support ticket' , I guess you assume if you don't have the answer no one but support will
Nope. I believe I'm the most active user in this forum. @coat and @rizarefaldi are new to this forum. So I simply share support anchor with them. After all, asustor guys should know their NAS inside very well.
elFarto

Post by elFarto »

I can see you post just for the sake of posting, there isn't a prize for the most posts.

Back to my point about this forum in the meet and greet, this unnecessary posting is a big part of what is wrong here. No one should have to sift through pages of comments to find usable information.
orion

Post by orion »

What you said should apply to you as well. As least, I got a lot of positive feedbacks. How about you?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi elfarto, coat,

It's a user forum, so nobody can believe that all is tested an all configuration was done by each user, also we have our NAS and config and don't run specific test as support can ...

Any aggressive approach is not courteous for people trying to help (on their free time). :roll: :mrgreen:

For your problem, I can't test, but you can verify this point :
... be sure that smb.conf (in /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/samba) contains the printer and what is the exact share name and authorization
... ... in case of problem, go back to the configuration menu.
... after try to attache the printer using the NAS I.P. and not the NAS name ... if it works, this target another problem (smb level supported by printer, workgroup manager not update, workgroup or domains differ between NAS and desktop. , etc.)
... have a look to log : /var/log/samba/samba.log

In all case the support is also (IN ALL CASE) a good approach in parallel to any test, because support aggregates all information from lot of users, not one specific user (like me).

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
elFarto

Post by elFarto »

orion wrote:What you said should apply to you as well. As least, I got a lot of positive feedbacks. How about you?
If you are after positive feedback go to social media for your dopamine fix.
If you want to make a difference in this forum, and really contribute why not seek out being an admin or mod. If you know this product as well as you claim you do, you should be able to whip this forum into shape in no time.
Don't be the problem, be the solution.

@father.mande I do see the content you provide is on point and helpful, but as I stated in my topic about this forum these types of posts/responses are being lost in a sea of 'contact tech support' and have you tried turning off and on again type responses.
orion

Post by orion »

elFarto wrote: If you are after positive feedback go to social media for your dopamine fix.
If you want to make a difference in this forum, and really contribute why not seek out being an admin or mod. If you know this product as well as you claim you do, you should be able to whip this forum into shape in no time.
Don't be the problem, be the solution.
I'm happy to see there are other opinions in this forum. Hope I can see your results soon (make a difference in this forum). And, of course, I won't adopt your advises as I know I can hep others.

Return to “NAS Utilities”