AS1002T v2 file transfer speed

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
youcca
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS1002T v2 file transfer speed

Post by youcca »

Hi,

I'm new to the whole NAS world and just bought AS1002T v2. I am puzzling with the file transfer speed.
The Asustor web configuration settings is giving the LAN speed to 100 Mb/s, Full-duplex. File transfer speed is ~11 MB/s, what corresponds the information the settings are showing.

I can't figure out where is the problem. The interface in my PC is gigabit (and I even forced it gigabit duplex). I tried two different routers (internet modems) that have specs as gigabit LAN. Other ones configuration shows gigabit. The AS1002T v2 should be gigabit. So far I can't think of anything else than the cables, but the cable from router to my PC is ~30m and is CAT6 (shielded). The cable from router to NAS is 15m and is CAT5e. These should be able to handle gigabit.

What else can I try? Last resort would be to buy new cables, but I would like to know what else to try before that.

I'm using windows 10 with CIFS and folders are mapped as network drives.
orion

Re: AS1002T v2 file transfer speed

Post by orion »

I think you can move your NAS near to your router and use the network cable bundled with your NAS. It's a good test to know if link speed is normal or not.

Return to “NAS Utilities”