AS-204TE HDMI video

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Blor007
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-204TE HDMI video

Post by Blor007 »

"The HDMI output on the AS-204TE can be used with the App "Asustor Portal" to output applications on a connected TV or monitor. Besides XBMC for video playback there are also Apps like Chrome or Youtube available. The optional remote control and the built-in infrared receiver of the AS-204TE allow it to be used as a multimedia player that can play HD content with no trouble. "

Which app is best for this, that can also use subtitles? The only thing that is working decent is 'file explorer'. I have the NAS connected with HDMI to the television.
Apps are very slow and try to 'stream' the media. I don't want it to stream. I want it to directly load from the NAS. So if I use the plex media server on the NAS it's very very slow. Anyone got any advice?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards
Yannick
rockymaru

Re: AS-204TE HDMI video

Post by rockymaru »

Hi, Yannick! I'm in the same boat!! I don't think it's possible to directly load it from the NAS, as I want it to, as well. Have you any updates?? Were you able to succeed?
Blor007

Post by Blor007 »

I am very disappointed in this product as well as the available support.
orion

Post by orion »

Your model is very old. My old NAS was AS-304T which is similar to yours. (I upgraded to AS6604T ;) .) XBMC is a old software package (the successor is KODI). I did not keep this old app. However, after searched it in this forum, you can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11029&p=35559&hilit=xbmc#p35559

Return to “NAS Utilities”