AutoMount and AutoUnmount

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Nicollasrk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AutoMount and AutoUnmount

Post by Nicollasrk »

Hello!

Im having some trouble here with our As6210T.

Were all working from home now and i have a schedule to make a backup from our server every friday. I have a MyArchive volume and the backup is beeing made inside it. I created a MyArchive because everytime the backup is done i unmount the drive, so im not running any risk of this drive get infected with some ransomware.

But the problem is that every friday before the backup start i have to mount the volume, start the backup and then after completed unmount it again.

The question is: Is there a way to make this procedure automatic? Like before the backup start the system mount MyArchive and after finish it the drive is ejected? Because for me theres no point of make a schedule if i have to log in to mount it. And for us isnt safe to keep it mounted 24/7 because of possible viruses (we were infected a year ago and lost the entire hdd).

Thanks!!
orion

Re: AutoMount and AutoUnmount

Post by orion »

I believe ADM does not provide this function. You can only write a script to do the job.
By the way, you can consider to adopt snapshot if your file system is BTRFS. That can achieve the similar job (within the same volume).

Return to “NAS Utilities”