AiFoto 3 - don't see photos from android phone

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

JHASUSTOR
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AiFoto 3 - don't see photos from android phone

Post by JHASUSTOR »

Hi,
New to this community and Asustor. I have AiFoto 3 downloaded on my android phone. I have it connected to the Ausutor NAS and can see the photos that are already on the NAS. I went into the android app and selected backup to archive the photos on my phone to the NAS. It shows that it's backing up 800+ photos. After it's done, I'll move to my PC to review the uploads. That's when I cannot find any folders containing the photos from my phone. The AiFoto 3 app indicates the task is complete but I can't find it anywhere.

Is there a setting or folder I'm missing?

Thanks for any insight the community can offer.
nlinpen

Re: AiFoto 3 - don't see photos from android phone

Post by nlinpen »

On the NAS you should log on as the same user as the one you use in the app on your android phone. Once logged on to your NAS you should be able to find a directory called MyPhoto. In it is another folder, called SmartUpload. From there you will find multiple directories, and eventually you'll find your photos and videos.
JHASUSTOR

Post by JHASUSTOR »

Thanks Nlinpen,
I came across this sub-folder just before your reply. What seems to be adding to my confusion is that once the back-up or upload task is manually triggered and completed, it takes quite some time before it finally populates on the android app. Coming from a WD MyCloud previously, it would upload on demand and the photos would show immediately. There seems to be some lag between the uploading and then showing in the android app in the photos tab.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.
JHASUSTOR

Post by JHASUSTOR »

Update with further observation:

When I take a photo on my android phone, I'll get a notification on my phone that back up is complete. I'll move to my PC and I see it now in the sub-folder named "SmartUpload" under MyPhoto. I can view the image on the PC immediately. However, when using the android AiFoto app, under the bottom left Photos tab, I do not see it being updated with the new photo in real time like I can with the PC when viewing the SmartUpload folder. I wonder if my CPU utilization at 99% (as described in a separate thread) maybe impacting this. At this moment the android app still only shows pictures from Oct 04 (today being Oct 06).
nlinpen

Post by nlinpen »

The delayed response on your phone is not specific to an Android phone. I see the same behaviour on my iPhone. However, I read somewhere in a user manual (forgot where) that this is normal behaviour: the application on the phone takes time to update itself and to create a thumbnail of the actual photo.

By the way: AiFoto3 has meanwhile been updated. It now allows the user to define the directory path for the destination on the NAS. The application does no longer create the MyPhoto and SmartUpload directories.
JHASUSTOR

Post by JHASUSTOR »

Thanks again nlinpen.

I came across a download summary for the AiFoto 3 app and it did say up to a day to create thumbnails for slower devices. I hope Asustor addresses this in the next update. Even my ancient circa 2014 WD NAS has real time thumbnail for the phone app.

Return to “NAS Utilities”