It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:16 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Recovering a volume

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Recovering a volume

Postby sandro_rocha » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Good Morning. I received a notification that there was a problem with volume1. The NAS continued to function normally and I only realized that there was a problem when I tried to execute a command on the terminal and received the message that the system was read-only. I restarted the NAS and now volume 1 is inactive. I don't know if the data is still there, I think so because before restarting I was able to access the files over the network and run some applications (Emby, Sonarr, Deluge). How do I fix the file system and reactivate the disk?
sandro_rocha

Re: Recovering a volume

Postby Nazar78 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:04 am

You didn't provide your NAS details so it's best to contact Asustor support. The recovery will involve booting into a Live USB or connecting the harddisk(s) to another linux box or VM.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
Nazar78

Postby sandro_rocha » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:50 am

Nazar78 wrote:You didn't provide your NAS details so it's best to contact Asustor support. The recovery will involve booting into a Live USB or connecting the harddisk(s) to another linux box or VM.

My NAS is an AS1002T. The latest version of ADM is running. There are two Seagate 4TB drives, desktop models, in single, two separate volumes. Formatted in EXT4.
sandro_rocha

Postby Nazar78 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 pm

I saw your duplicate post in the as10xx section and it seems to be bad sectors. Try to run bad block scan from the storage manager but if it's not accessible, you can follow this guide to try recover the data https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... using-a-pc

Ps: If this disk contains valuable data, it's recommended to clone the disk before attempting any scanning or recovery.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
Nazar78

Return to NAS Utilities