Expanding JBOD volume

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
revanite
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Expanding JBOD volume

Post by revanite »

Hello all,

I have an AS6508T which I'm just setting up. I currently only have a few spare drives for it but hope to fill it up in due course.

What I was hoping to do is just build a large JBOD volume as that's all I need. I don't need redundancy as the files being kept on there are just media files that I have the originals of. I have another NAS with all my documents and important data which is all backed up etc...

I'm still experimenting with it, but it seems you can't add an extra drive to the pool, you have to create a separate volume? Is that right? On my other NAS boxes I can just add a new drive to the pool and the capacity increases accordingly. I don't want to have to create a separate volume as I just need a large data store.

Am I missing something or does ADM not support this capability?

Many thanks!
orion

Re: Expanding JBOD volume

Post by orion »

revanite wrote: I'm still experimenting with it, but it seems you can't add an extra drive to the pool, you have to create a separate volume? Is that right? On my other NAS boxes I can just add a new drive to the pool and the capacity increases accordingly. I don't want to have to create a separate volume as I just need a large data store.
Yes, you'll have to create another volume. ADM only supports capacity expansion: https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/online/Co ... ?topic=352

Return to “NAS Utilities”