Having trouble getting a cert from Let's Encrypt

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

bjlanger
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Having trouble getting a cert from Let's Encrypt

Post by bjlanger »

Hello,

As the subject says I'm having trouble getting a cert from Let's Encrypt. I followed this here: https://www.asustor.com/en/online/Colle ... ?topic=324 and was unable to get one because when I press the finish button in the cert manager after going through the previous steps listed in the article a warning pops up stating "Unable to apply setting. Please try again. (Ref. 5401)". I have an ASUS router but have configured port forwarding. Would this error have anything to do with not being able to reach let's encrypt or is this more an issue with the NAS itself? It's a 5304T running ADM 3.5.1.R7E4. Also have spectrum internet if that helps at all.

Any help/insights are appreciated, thanks!
MonsMagnus

Re: Having trouble getting a cert from Let's Encrypt

Post by MonsMagnus »

Go to the web admin page for your Router/Gateway and make sure you have TCP port 80 AND TCP port 443 allowed through your firewall for the NAS device.
bjlanger

Post by bjlanger »

Didn't think I'd need port 443 but I opened it and now it says "The number of certificates issued by Let's Encrypt for your domain name has reached its limit. (Ref. 5017)" Looking at this it seems that more than 50 certs have been issued for "myasustor.com" based on what the rate limits page says for lets encrypt. Guessing this means I have to wait?
orion

Post by orion »

bjlanger wrote:Didn't think I'd need port 443 but I opened it and now it says "The number of certificates issued by Let's Encrypt for your domain name has reached its limit. (Ref. 5017)" Looking at this it seems that more than 50 certs have been issued for "myasustor.com" based on what the rate limits page says for lets encrypt. Guessing this means I have to wait?
You should use your own domain, rather than the domain (myasustor.com) used by everyone.

Return to “NAS Utilities”