how to install virtualbox on Asustor AS1002T v2?

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: how to install virtualbox on Asustor AS1002T v2?

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
barsovya wrote: Hello Philippe.
But, I can run a custom server on this device, right? (For example, if the server is compiled under armv7) Is there a guide how to do this?
I saw a Minecraft server in the App Centre, are there compilation tools that you can use in this case to build your own application that will work natively in ADM?
Or maybe through some virtualization packages from App Central?
Your question (generate program for Armv7 able to run on armv7 NAS) don't have a unique response and depends of the target ...
1 program use an engine (ex. java) so first test is to install JRE and test ... but false if require jdk-dev.
2 it's possible to use the cross-compiler provide by Asustor, but can be limited and require that you build all library require (if need)
3 its is possible to use Entware dev. tools but require to study the specific change (even small) to be done for library path (for ex.) info on Entware Github
4 use a chroot of an up to date Linux distro (like Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S) ... so you can use the pakage managemnet (ex. for minecratf, add the official PPA; then do an install ... depends are also installed, then regullary do an update/upgrade to be always at last version.
... this add also a part of security (chroot) and permit to share only some shared folder from A.D.M. without visibility for other ... last you can also compile what you want.

For my own, I use chroot, like for domoticz APKG. ... and for lot of other native approach.
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
barsovya

Re: how to install virtualbox on Asustor AS1002T v2?

Post by barsovya »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
barsovya wrote: Hello Philippe.
But, I can run a custom server on this device, right? (For example, if the server is compiled under armv7) Is there a guide how to do this?
I saw a Minecraft server in the App Centre, are there compilation tools that you can use in this case to build your own application that will work natively in ADM?
Or maybe through some virtualization packages from App Central?
Your question (generate program for Armv7 able to run on armv7 NAS) don't have a unique response and depends of the target ...
1 program use an engine (ex. java) so first test is to install JRE and test ... but false if require jdk-dev.
2 it's possible to use the cross-compiler provide by Asustor, but can be limited and require that you build all library require (if need)
3 its is possible to use Entware dev. tools but require to study the specific change (even small) to be done for library path (for ex.) info on Entware Github
4 use a chroot of an up to date Linux distro (like Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S) ... so you can use the pakage managemnet (ex. for minecratf, add the official PPA; then do an install ... depends are also installed, then regullary do an update/upgrade to be always at last version.
... this add also a part of security (chroot) and permit to share only some shared folder from A.D.M. without visibility for other ... last you can also compile what you want.

For my own, I use chroot, like for domoticz APKG. ... and for lot of other native approach.
Philippe.
Thanks.

Return to “NAS Utilities”