Backup Plan vs Ez Sync

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
sergig
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Backup Plan vs Ez Sync

Post by sergig »

Hi,

I realize this may be a totally obvious question, but what is the difference between Backup Plan and EZ Sync? In what scenarios would I use each one?

All I want to do is have a backup of my drive, which contains personal documents, pictures and videos. As the name implies, I would have gone with Backup Plan, but I am having trouble running it on m PC. EZ Sync seems to be working, but it is extremely slow. BEFORE I troubleshoot ONE of these issues, I want to establish which program I should be using.

Thanks for any help!

Sergi
orion

Re: Backup Plan vs Ez Sync

Post by orion »

Depends on what you need. Backup plan will do the job you activate it (by manual or by schedule). ES Sync should do the job anytime when you modify / add / delete files under the specific directory.
ilike2burnthing

Re: Backup Plan vs Ez Sync

Post by ilike2burnthing »

When Backup Plan is used in synchronisation mode, the two are very similar. Though you can also set it up as a scheduled backup, rather than continuous.

The main difference is that ABP will keep a single copy of the latest version of your files, whereas AES will keep copies of previous versions, akin to Windows' File History.

Return to “NAS Utilities”