Any Torrent Client That Allows Creation of Torrents?

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

steamship
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Any Torrent Client That Allows Creation of Torrents?

Post by steamship »

I'm running an AS-604T and use the uTorrent and Transmission clients to download torrent files (I have to use Transmission for one particular site).

I've never created a torrent file before, but I'm trying to create one for others, but I have to use uTorrent on my Windows laptop since neither of the above allow it. However, I want the torrent to be available through the NAS, as that is where the torrent file and data resides, rather than having to leave my laptop on all the time. I've looked through the other torrent clients available for the NAS and just installed qBittorrent as it stated that it allowed creation of torrent files, which the NAS version does not.

I sent the torrent file to a friend to test, but it doesn't do anything. I have even tried opening the torrent file using both of the above clients on my NAS. With Transmission, it just says 'Idle', and 'Downloading' with uTorrent, although it doesn't download anything.

Can someone advise me on how I can create the torrent file and then make it available on my NAS?
Ubuntux

Re: Any Torrent Client That Allows Creation of Torrents?

Post by Ubuntux »

Maby you created it wrongly?
Did you use a tracker announcement for the torrent? What?
Some tacker announcements are not valid untill the torrent containing them is uploaded to a torrent tracker, that will give the torrent a unique ID, but you can use "resilo", Then you use torrent technology to share the files, but no need to create a torrent.
AS-604T & AS-202T
steamship

Post by steamship »

My friend gave me very explicit instructions on how to create the torrent, as well as all the various settings and parameters to change, but still not seeding. I then tried Vuze to create the torrent, which it did, but wouldn't seed. I then tried the test on Vuze and it basically stated that the port was closed, despite those specific ports on my router being open in both directions. In the end, I put the files up on my Google Drive and gave them access.
Ubuntux

Post by Ubuntux »

You can open port 80 in your router, and porforward port 80 to your NAS' local IP and enable webserver and, maby use DDNS from Asustor. If you can host a website it sounds odd, but im quiet sure the reason you're port is closed is because you dont have an dynamic public IP. Your ISP has you in a IP setup (I dont remember the name of this, but it's widely used).

The benefit for this setup is users are kinda protected and the ISP dosent need to provide all customers with public IPs, but can give some private that is in their system..
AS-604T & AS-202T

Return to “NAS Utilities”