Asustor AS1002T v2 deleting issue

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mmicrosysm
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor AS1002T v2 deleting issue

Post by mmicrosysm »

I just setup a AS1002T v2 and noticed an issue with a folder randomly getting deleted by the NAS. At first I thought it was my IP Cam (iSpy) software but I turned that off re-created the folder and bam deleted within a minute. The folder in question wasn't the main folder that iSpy records the video to but the archive folder it moves data to after 7 days. I even created the folder with the Asustor Portal using File Explorer and it still gets deleted. Why is this thing trying to control what folders I can have? I thought NAS were supposed to make things simpler?!?! This keeps up I will be returning this unit and just keep using my i5 File Server.
orion

Re: Asustor AS1002T v2 deleting issue

Post by orion »

NAS will not do that actions automatically. It should be caused by other external processes. I think you can enable "network recycle bin" function. It will move those deleted files onto "network recycle bin". If you found those deleted files, that should mean certain processes (outside NAS) did the actions.
mmicrosysm

Post by mmicrosysm »

It was indeed the NAS doing it. I found it does not like the folder named 'Archive', named it Vid Backup and no issues. Renamed it 'Archive Folder' and bam deleted again..
orion

Post by orion »

Do you mean shared folder or a folder under a shared folder? For example, "\\NAS_ip\public" is shared folder. "\\NAS_ip\public\dir1" is a folder under shared folder.

Return to “NAS Utilities”