Need of standard SSH / Terminal / Linux access

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
leandromartinez98
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Need of standard SSH / Terminal / Linux access

Post by leandromartinez98 »

I need standard access to the the asustor using SSH, but for standard users (not administrators).

This could be through a "Terminal" application on the web frontend or, more simply, by simply allowing
regular users to login through ssh into the server.

Alternatively, I would like to remove completely the standard Asustor operating system and install into it a standard linux server.

Which is the easiest option?

I tried the Linux Center app, but sincerely I couldn't use it reasonably from the web interface, and I could not understand what to
do with it in terms of user access.

Thank you all.
father.mande

Re: Need of standard SSH / Terminal / Linux access

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

To manage yourself the access through ssh
... install open-ssh provide in Entware APKG (it's a set (hundreds) of applications build for OpenWrt using opkg manager)
... Entware can use the default passwd file (so users in it) or a private one
... if you use a separate port than Asustor ssh ... you can get the 2 in parallel

The biggest advantage for Linux confirmed users is : you are the alone master of all configuration file.

Opkg use it's own libraries but it's not a chroot or emulation it's native programs
... all full GNU tools, applications, database, etc. etc.

For installing your own server (if chroot is not enough for you (isolated or not)) ... it's easy on Intel box ... start by booting using USB live key ... (search in forum)
for Arm it's a "little" (it's a joke ... ) more complex ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
leandromartinez98

Post by leandromartinez98 »

Thank you. So installing a new OS is the same as in a regular computer. Thank you, I will probably go for the standard linux option, as in that case I can use the tools I am used to.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
leandromartinez98 wrote:Thank you. So installing a new OS is the same as in a regular computer. Thank you, I will probably go for the standard linux option, as in that case I can use the tools I am used to.
Just take attention to the DOM that have a limited size ... so don't use (best choice to go back to stock firmware) it or manage what you put in.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “NAS Utilities”