Move old HD to Asustor as6210t

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
Nicollasrk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Move old HD to Asustor as6210t

Post by Nicollasrk »

Hello guys, urgent help here, ill try to be clear:

I have 4 hard drives on my old intel server, each one has 10tb, and all of them are full with data (2017_client. 2016_client.....).

On the as6210 i already have 2 hard drives with 10 tb each, they are single volumes (2018_client and 2019_client), when i inserted they were empty, so i created a new volume and it was all good.

I inserted the 4 hard drives inside the new Asustor and turned it on, but i cant access them. Its showing for me on disk tab as inactive, only the 2 that i inserted brand new there are showing as volumes.

How can i just activate those 4 hard drives? I tried to create a new volume but said that will erase all my data. I cant format them, i just need the asustor to activate them so i can use again.
Attachments
hd 3, 4, 5 and 6 are the one inside the dell server, and they are inactive.
hd 3, 4, 5 and 6 are the one inside the dell server, and they are inactive.
1.JPG (80 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
orion

Re: Move old HD to Asustor as6210t

Post by orion »

The internal volumes are proprietary format (at least not compatible to Windows). That's why NAS will erase all of your disk data when you create volumes. If you want to keep your existed data, you should use USB external box with your old disk. NAS should be able to mount USB disks which are not NAS internal formats.
Nicollasrk

Re: Move old HD to Asustor as6210t

Post by Nicollasrk »

Nice! Thanks for the answer.

My old server is not that fast but i will keep using it then, i think is faster than using with usb on NAS, and will kep the 6210 only for the new clients.

Return to “NAS Utilities”