image operating system "windows" cannot be used on this platform

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Zoner
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Post by Zoner »

I tried to dowload in portainer the following image on the Asustor NAS AS6602T :

mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore/iis:windowsservercore-ltsc2019

and got the following error :

I read that we can tell docker to acccept changing the operating system but cannot find how on the NAS ... any thoughts on that ?

Mike.
Zoner

Re: image operating system "windows" cannot be used on this platform

Post by Zoner »

I found the problem but no solution in sight :(

It seems that you can only run either a linux OR windows containers if you are on windows (my personnal Desktop Docker ... and all, not the NAS, which is linux). You can only run linux containers on linux, or either run linux containers OR windows containers on windows ...

I did make my ASP site work on my personnal docker on my portable ... switching to windows containers using the right click on the docker icon on the task bar ... but I had to type these first in a powershell terminal :

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName containers –All
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V –All

Then things got interesting ;) But ... I still cannot run them both at the same time on windows portable ... pitty !

The goal was to run my very old sites besides new ones written in GO or in Rust or in Python-Flask ... all on linux containers ... I can either run the linux container ones or the ASP sites lol the NAS can only do linux containers so I have my answer ! Hope this helps someone !

It tells me I'll have to rewrite the ASP sites ... It'll be Rust I think ;)

Return to “NAS Utilities”