NAS access to Mutliple Drives

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Ken I
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS access to Mutliple Drives

Post by Ken I »

Hi,

I am hoping someone has a simple solution to my problem. I have a AS5202T NAS and want to upgrade the original 2TB drive. I purchased a new 4TB drive and want to move all the data and setting from the original drive to the new drive. The storage Manager App shows both drives (original=drive 1, new=drive 2). However, drive 2 is noted as being "Inactive" and the File Explorer App can't see drive 2. How do I copy the data and system info from drive 1 to drive 2?

Note: I did initialize the new drive as a stand-alone drive via ASUSTOR setup process so maybe that's where I went wrong. That being said, before I did the stand-alone setup, I did try just starting the NAS up with the original HDD in drive 1 and the New HDD in drive 2 but wasn't able to see drive 2 in File manager.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ken
orion

Re: NAS access to Mutliple Drives

Post by orion »

After you initialized the new disk as a stand-alone drive (volume 2), you'll need to create shared folder(s) onto this volume (ADM -> Access Control).
Ken I

Post by Ken I »

Thanks for the quick response! Both drives contain shared folders (per ADM->Access Control). It doesn't seem to matter which drive is in drive 1, in either case the disk in drive 2 is noted by ADM-> Storage Manager as "Inactive" and I'm unable to see the drive 2 files/folders via ADM-> File Explorer. Any chance there's an option I've missed in ADM-> File Explorer that allows it to change which drive it's looking at?
orion

Post by orion »

Did you see volume 1 and volume 2 under Storage Manager? If you did not see volume 2, it means you did not create volume correctly. You should create volume 2 under Storage Manager first. Then go to Access Control to create another new shared folder(s) on volume 2. After you complete "these 2 procedures", you can access files under File Explorer.
Ken I

Post by Ken I »

'Yes I can see both Volume 1 & 2 under Storage Manager. But . . Volume 2 is identified as "Inactive" and I'm unable to do anything with/to it.
orion

Post by orion »

mm... Then the word "inactive" should mean something wrong in your new disk. You should check System Information -> Log to see if there are any disk errors.

Return to “NAS Utilities”