Duplicati cannot access NAS for restore

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dmtparker
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Duplicati cannot access NAS for restore

Post by dmtparker »

I bought Asustor 1002T v2 a couple years ago and used it to backup my Linux box using Duplicati. Everything seemed to go well. That box died. I now have another Linux box and want to restore some of my files, but I cannot seem to do it. With Duplicati on my new box, I can access the NAS and do a backup. I can then restore from that backup if I use the features built in to Duplicati to choose that backup. If, however, I try to access the backup via 'directly enter' (using the exact same info as I did for backup) I cannot connect. If I try using a non-existing file, it tells me that file does not exist and asks if I want to create it. If I choose yes, it tells me 'permission denied'. This would say to me that I AM actually connecting to the NAS with the entered credentials, but somewhere there is a permission error that prevents me from accessing my files. If it helps, here is what I entered in Duplicati:
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-05-19_13-25-48.png
Screenshot_2022-05-19_13-25-48.png (22.81 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
Nazar78

Re: Duplicati cannot access NAS for restore

Post by Nazar78 »

I'm don't quite understand 'directly enter'. You can try test using other FTP tools like from the command line or using apps like WinSCP on Windows. Does your user 'dmtparker' has the read/write access to the Public folder? Check it under the NAS's Access Control->Shared Folders->Public->Access Rights.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
dmtparker

Post by dmtparker »

I can connect to NAS just fine with Filezilla and transfer files in either direction. The problem is that Duplicati stores the backup in encrypted .zip files so I must use Duplicati for the restore. To test things I created a new backup using Duplicati (Backup3). It worked fine. I could also Restore just fine, however, when I exported the configuration and then imported it to the Restore section of Duplicati (so that I could just change Backup3 to Backup2 connection fails with "error 451" Can you (or anyone) help me with what that error is and how I might get around it?
Thanks so much!
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

This seems to be the issue with Duplicati, not the NAS. Maybe the backup was done on a different older version I'm not sure. I saw a post in their forum fixing this issue by changing the connection from FTP to SFTP, you might want to try that. Else posting questions in their forum would be the best bet.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
dmtparker

Post by dmtparker »

Finally solved problem with help from Duplicati forum, but don't think Ill be using that again. Now I'm looking for a different backup program to use, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Return to “NAS Utilities”