It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:58 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

VPN suggestion to use with NAS

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

VPN suggestion to use with NAS

Postby DavidHen » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:28 pm

I am eagerly looking out for cheap VPNs that I can invest into to use with NAS for extra security and encrypted connection, which is my huge concern these days. Any kind of help will be appreciated, you can also tell about your VPN setup, to take inspiration from
DavidHen

Re: VPN suggestion to use with NAS

Postby sksbir » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 pm

hi
what for do you need VPN ? Asustor NAS are provided with VPN server and client. I use VPN server on my NAS to get access from outside to my NAS, to all services that are not mapped to outside.
Out of that, ADM defender is a good solution to protect access to your NAS.
sksbir

Postby Ford Henly » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Try https://www.bestvpnprovider.com/fastest-vpn-service/ for selecting vpns for NAS. I bought one from here and it works best for streaming purpose.
Ford Henly

Postby Ant0NLombArD0 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 pm

DavidHen wrote:I am eagerly looking out for cheap VPNs that I can invest into to use with NAS for extra security and encrypted connection, which is my huge concern these days. Any kind of help will be appreciated, you can also tell about your VPN setup, to take inspiration from

hey dave.

1. having tried a handful inexpensive options myself, and literally zero expensive ones, i'd say you do have a lot to chose from if you can pop around 4-5 bucks a month. if you can make a one-time investment, some of them offer their annual or 2-year plan under 50-60 bucks. check out those review sites like vpnranks or bestvpn or bestvpnservice or a dozen others on value-for-money deals. one decent cheap vpn post i landed on last year was this. it was on a deal when i picked it up. but like i said, it's been almost a year now. so idk.

2. about encryption, you should check out if they offer 256 bit encryption or something more secure. some of your options will automatically be eliminated if you read up on security first, thus taking you closer to a better decision.
Ant0NLombArD0

Postby Louis_Bragg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm

i have a lict of cheapest vpn services that might help, Check: https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-cheap-vpn-service/
Louis_Bragg

Return to NAS Utilities