osTicket won't start

osTicket is a widely-used open source support ticket system. It seamlessly integrates inquiries created via email, phone and web-based forms into a simple easy-to-use multi-user web interface. Manage, organize and archive all your support requests and responses in one place while providing your customers with accountability and responsiveness they deserve.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

asumfer
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

osTicket won't start

Post by asumfer »

Hi All,

I've installed osTicket 1.14.2.r02, according to the Installation Prerequisite.
It seems to be running, but can't be accessed at "http://mynasip:37080/scp/"
what is more, when I look at the "osticketdocker" database, there is no table in it - osTicket doesn't do database initialzation.

What could be the problem? Also, where and how could I find a log about what it does?

Thanks,
asumfer

(AS6202T 3.5.2.RAG2)
Nazar78

Re: osTicket won't start

Post by Nazar78 »

Probably it has issues trying to connect to the mysql. I'm not using this app but I just installed to see what's going on and I'm installing via docker pull because I do not want the Asustor's mariadb perquisite to be installed together as I'm already running it in chroot with tcp disabled only unix socket.

Think the app needs additional ports to be forwarded for mariadb as I can see the app is trying to reach the NAS's IP within the docker, $AS_NAS_INET4_ADDR_0/1.

You can check the logs via ssh, run

Code: Select all

docker logs osTicket
or install and see it from portainer.

Show us this log to confirm my findings. If it's true then I can provide a temporary fix. Also better to contact the maintainer @Patrick to officially fix it.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
orion

Post by orion »

I did not install this app either. However I found certain information under AppCentral (the description of this app when you click it).

Installation Prerequisite:
1. Please create a database in MariaDB with the following information by using phpmyadmin before installing this App.
Username: "osticketdocker", password: "osticketdocker" and has permission to access database: "osticketdocker".
2. Please enable MariaDB remote access from MariaDB app icon on ADM desktop.
3. If you didn't create database before installing the App, please disable the App from App Central, and create database and username with the above information, and then enable the App from App Central again.
4. The app takes times to initialize database after installation, please wait a moment.

Wait for the installation to complete then browse to your osTicket staff control panel at "http://NAS IP:37080/scp/", don't omit the trailing slash after "scp".

Login with default admin user & password, and please change password of this account from "Profile" on staff control panel.

Username: ostadmin, password: Admin1

I guess that's what you need.
asumfer

Post by asumfer »

Hi orion,
Thanks for your reply.
I did those steps without problem, and still has the same.

Hi Nazar78,
Thanks for your reply.
I looked up the log with your help and found this (1000 times):

Missing required environmental variable MYSQL_HOST

I tried

export MYSQL_HOST=mynasip
But that was a naive approach...still trying. I'm not familiar with docker.
If you have further advice, please let me know.

asumfer
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Try below in ssh. Take note I still didn't install the package from Asustor app portal because I already have mariadb in chroot and didn't want to make a mess as I have not much free time. So below is blindly I recreated from the source on my mobile screen for you to test. Don't worry it won't break things any further. If you don't already know, each command ends with ';' and '\' are line breaks. Just copy & paste as a whole into the ssh terminal. Let us know if it works for you.

docker rm -f osTicket;

docker create -i -t --name=osTicket \
-p 37080:80 -p 37090:9000 \
-e MYSQL_HOST=$(ip -4 addr show docker0|xargs|sed -r 's/.+inet\s(.+?)\/.+/\1/') \
-e MYSQL_PORT=$(cat /usr/local/AppCentral/mariadb/data/conf/asustor.conf|grep Port|awk '{print $3}') \
-e MYSQL_DATABASE=osticketdocker \
-e MYSQL_USER=osticketdocker \
-e MYSQL_PASSWORD=osticketdocker \
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
-v /volume1/Docker/osTicket/data/upload/include/i18n:/data/upload/include/i18n:rw \
-v /volume1/Docker/osTicket/data/upload/include/plugins:/data/upload/include/plugins:rw \
-v /volume1/Docker/osTicket/nginx_log:/var/log/nginx:rw \
--restart unless-stopped \
campbellsoftwaresolutions/osticket:latest;

docker start osTicket;
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
asumfer

Post by asumfer »

Hi, Thank you for detailed instructions. This week is crazy for me, I try next week and give a feedback.
asumfer

Post by asumfer »

Hi,
It works fine, thank you very much.
I can't tell what was the clue, but is there a way to send this to the provider (Patrick?) to check this out and advise. Shall I do it? -- what do you think?
BR,
asumfer
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

It was using the wrong mysql IP, local instead of docker.

There's no function to notify @Patrick in this forum. You can mail the maintainer Patrick https://www.asustor.com/app_central/app ... 1095&type= point him to this thread. He's also on this forum you can pm him memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6605.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

asumfer wrote: Missing required environmental variable MYSQL_HOST

But that was a naive approach...still trying. I'm not familiar with docker.
If you have further advice, please let me know.
If the MYSQL_HOST is empty in your NAS, it may be caused by the different network status that I didn't handled.

You can install Portainer to check detail docker image or container status and log, it's easily to manage docker images and containers.

Do you setup link aggregation ? or any other else about the network settings ?
You can find "email address" from the maintainer of App Central, and I checked email regularly. I didn't check this forum regularly.
Please help to screenshot the network settings and email to me, I just want to know why the MYSQL_HOST is empty in your case.

Thanks a lot.
AS3204T / AS6102T , ADM 4.0
AS5304T + kodi 18 => 4K 10bits videos, have a try...

Return to “osTicket”