Support Status Announcement June 2022

Saltrams
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Support Status Announcement June 2022

Post by Saltrams »

I’ve just had a mailshot Newsletter #172 promoting something I don’t care about but buried as I scrolled down was:

“ Support Status Announcement
AS10, AS50, AS51 and AS70 series of NAS will no longer be receiving feature updates due to the recent termination of vendor support for drivers. ADM 4.0 will be the last major version for these models. Only security updates and critical bug fixes will be provided”.

Oh, and I haven’t even recovered from Deadbolt yet. More nails in Asustor’s coffin. :evil: :( :cry:
soundy

Re: Support Status Announcement June 2022

Post by soundy »

Yep. This is pretty rubbish from my POV. I've only had my AS1002T v2 four years from new. This platform will never get php 7.4 now. This and the Deadbolt debacle (not that I got hit), I won't be buying Asustor again.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Yes it's difficult to hear that AS1002T (and other models) don't be updated to 4.1 ... and lack of technical explain don't help to understand (even kernel for armv7l series is old and out of security update)

BUT Asustor continue to assume update for security and recommendations for ransomware ... that are NOT only for Asustor NAS (start with QNAP & Syno)
... Asustor provide now information (even all users must do it before the attack to reduce the target and not only for ransomware)
https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/online/Co ... ?topic=353
... Asustor continue to regularly update the 4.0 for security just now (this days) for ex.
https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/service/release_notes

And even some update (ex. php7.4) are not available even new update (7.3.xxx) are done this days ... APKG (package) can supply some lack ... ex. Entware provide php8 ...)

So ... yes I am not happy to know that my AS1002T is now limited and not updated ... but it's the life of all computers ... look at Windows11 limitation ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
leonsky

Post by leonsky »

i purchase AS1002T v2 on March 2022,
then june 2022 announced this,
really can't accept.
dariopimentel

Post by dariopimentel »

Very sad! :oops: :evil: