Delete Portal Apps

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AndyM
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Delete Portal Apps

Post by AndyM »

I am a bit of a neat freak. Some of the default Apps (Like Facebook anything, Twitch, Gaming...) are things I will never use, but the system won't let me delete them. Why is that? Is there another way to get rid of them?
orion

Re: Delete Portal Apps

Post by orion »

Where do you see those "default apps"? At least I don't see those apps in my Portal.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Portal.png
Portal.png (219.48 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
Hi Orion,

Shows up on my Portal Screen (along with the good stuff like Kodi, thank you) as well as under the Favorite tab in Portal (I didn't add this stuff - it came with it..)

Andy
orion

Post by orion »

I don't know if there are any apps that will add those items in installation scripts. Anyway, it's easy to remove those items manually. Simply select item, then remove it. Did you get errors?
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Yup - I did try to delete them - get a message back saying "You cannot delete default apps"
edit
resized attachment - not sure how to delete this post
Last edited by AndyM on Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Yup - I did try to delete them - get a message back saying "You cannot delete default apps"
Attachments
portal2a.png
portal2a.png (119.82 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
orion

Post by orion »

Interesting... After searching AppCentral with keyword "gaming", you might install "Asustor Live" and /or "StreamsGood". You can read the descriptions of those apps for the details. You should check the installed apps under AppCentral, and simply delete those apps.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

I am pretty happy with Kodi for my streaming. I did download Looksgood and Soundsgood when I first got the NAS and they show show up (along with some others) on my home screens. The issue is the Portal page which includes stuff (Facebook, Netflix and others) that I didn't download, and don't want, cluttering up the page.

If I can't delete the specific items is it possible to delete the entire Portal page? You say you don't see this other crap, so I am wondering if I can reload the page and only add back those items I would like to have?
orion

Post by orion »

AndyM wrote:I am pretty happy with Kodi for my streaming. I did download Looksgood and Soundsgood when I first got the NAS and they show show up (along with some others) on my home screens. The issue is the Portal page which includes stuff (Facebook, Netflix and others) that I didn't download, and don't want, cluttering up the page.

If I can't delete the specific items is it possible to delete the entire Portal page? You say you don't see this other crap, so I am wondering if I can reload the page and only add back those items I would like to have?
You totally misunderstand what I mean (and it seems you did not do the search that I did above). Maybe, step-by-step is a good way such that you can understand. Did you install "Asustor Live" or "StreamsGood"? You can post the picture here.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Well that's true - I may have misunderstood your suggestion. I was trying to Fix Portal as opposed to setting something else up. Doing the search you suggested shows I have both Streamsgood and Asustor Live installed although only the latter shows up on my home screen for some reason.

Streamsgood says "Install StreamsGood to watch live streams on ASUSTOR Portal. StreamsGood supports five major gaming streaming sites such as Twitch, YouTube Gaming, Facebook Gaming, Douyu, and King Kong." That sounds like what I am trying to get away from - I want nothing to do with those apps - they are what I am trying to got OUT of Portal. I have my Kodi button on Portal and and that gives me all I need to play my videos.

Asustor Live - "Stream from a phone or tablet as well as a computer to multiple streaming platforms, including, but not limited to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook,Instagram,Restream..." Again, not what I am after at all.

I just wanted to get rid of Twitch, Facebook Netflix et al off of Portal to clean it up.

Return to “ADM general”