Delete Portal Apps

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Delete Portal Apps

Post by orion »

Then, why don't you delete "Asustor Live" or "StreamsGood" as I suggested? And more, why do you install those apps?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

The older version of Asustor Portal allows me to remove all those unwanted favorites. I had mine totally empty except I can't remove the categories. No sure though why they now won't allow to remove the default. I've checked it's not in any of the configurations that you can mod probably hardcoded I didn't look further as I'm no longer using the portal had it disabled and Linux Center modded to Ubuntu 21.04 will display on my TV at boot by default. 4K 65" but LXC set to sweet spot 1080p@120hz whilst 4K content still looks good.

Think for you the best is to set Kodi as the default app in the portal if you don't want to see those default links? Not sure how you want it to be but if it was me, I'll just do as mentioned above. Then run Kodi within Linux Center. Just a thought... I'm not against using the portal but it's laggy IMHO it needs lots of improvements.
Screenshot 2021-10-04 134454-2.png
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

orion wrote:Then, why don't you delete "Asustor Live" or "StreamsGood" as I suggested? And more, why do you install those apps?
Yes I can do that. I probably loaded a suite of suggested apps related to streaming when I first got the NAS thinking i needed them. When I did the app search and was looking at Streamsgood I noticed a little toggle button showing on the app - I turned it off, then on, to see what it would do and the video I was watching with Kodi starting acting up. I had to restart to get things back to normal. No idea how or why the two apps are related.

Maybe I should just leave well enough alone.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

[quote="Nazar78"]Think for you the best is to set Kodi as the default app in the portal if you don't want to see those default links? Not sure how you want it to be but if it was me, I'll just do as mentioned above. Then run Kodi within Linux Center. Just a thought... I'm not against using the portal but it's laggy IMHO it needs lots of improvements.

Thanks Nazar - I will have a look at that idea.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

One more follow up - I am trying to understand why I don't see "Streamsgood" even though it says it's installed. When I look at my TV "Portal" screen it looks just like Streamsgood on the App store picture, so perhaps I am confusing "Portal" and "StreamsGood"

The mystery only starts there; On the Portal/Streamsgood page on the TV, I see all the Apps I have questions on (the good like Kodi and the bad like Netflix) So I clicked on Netflix and this is the Picture I get:

Note the script. I can't do anything to click out of that page - I had to reboot. Clearly something is not working as it should. I had the same script show up when I clicked on Firefox.

I would like to fix it but Kodi works great and I don't want to screw that up.
Attachments
WP_20211006_005.jpg
WP_20211006_005.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 2068 times
WP_20211006_004.jpg
WP_20211006_004.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2068 times

Return to “ADM general”