Weird behaviour of "file explorer" vs adm and cifs name after boot

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

OzCam
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Weird behaviour of "file explorer" vs adm and cifs name after boot

Post by OzCam »

Got my first asustor today and have been setting it up. I did an upgrade on install to 3.5.7.RKU2 but it seems flakey to me.

missing adm file explorer shares

I made a new share and now I notice that both Public and that new shared folder are missing in "file explorer" but they exist in access->shared folders and on the filesystem and cifs exports. It just seems to be "file explorer" that is missing them. (Anyone know how to hack shares into file-explorer/adm ?)

cifs/windows name not set correctly on reboot

WIth dhcp, then the cifs/samba hostname reverts to something like as6508t-e2a2 rather than the hostname from the network settings page. Turning cifs off then back on makes it work correctly but it's annoying to have to do that after each reboot.
UPDATE: just tried with static IP address setup and same... appears as as6508-blah but restarting cifs returns it to it's hostname

--

Im starting not to trust this, which isnt good for a nas to hold all my data. Does anyone else have any problems with 3.5.7RKU2 like this?
orion

Re: Weird behaviour of "file explorer" vs adm and cifs name after boot

Post by orion »

My NAS with the same ADM version is working fine. It looks like that you login as admin. Account permission should be all right. Not sure what's the possible case. I'll recommend you to send a support ticket to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/

Return to “ADM general”