2 HDDs as seperate volumes?

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

heffa
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

2 HDDs as seperate volumes?

Post by heffa »

Ok, this is my first ever NAS. running an AS1002T v2 with 2x 2TB WD Black drives. I want to run them as 2 seperate volumes without RAID, hosting files for an android media player and a few Win10 machines.
So, when initialising the NAS I select Single instead of RAID and it produces 2 EXT4 volumes. Would have far prefered NTFS, but so long as my Win boxes can find them its ok.
But when I open File Explorer in the ADM ui, all it shows me is the Home, Public and Web folders for Volume 1. No volume 2.
Little help please?
whiter121

Re: 2 HDDs as seperate volumes?

Post by whiter121 »

What you are seeing are the default shares which will reside on the Volume1. You will need to create a new share on the device through the Access Control but when you create the share you will need to make sure it is set to use Volume2. That will allow you to store files on that second drive.
heffa

Re: 2 HDDs as seperate volumes?

Post by heffa »

whiter121 wrote:What you are seeing are the default shares which will reside on the Volume1. You will need to create a new share on the device through the Access Control but when you create the share you will need to make sure it is set to use Volume2. That will allow you to store files on that second drive.
EhhhMageeeerd!!! Thank you muchly :)

Return to “ADM general”