Newbie Question - ADM Desktop

pfranchi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Newbie Question - ADM Desktop

Post by pfranchi »

I'm new to ADM and any NAS server in general. After getting it all set up and installing apps, I can't find some of the desktop apps I installed. For example, I can see Plex and Download Manager, just not FireFox. I've tried installing and re-installing. This seems like too simple of a thing I must just be missing something. Can anyone help?
orion

Re: Newbie Question - ADM Desktop

Post by orion »

What's your model? Some apps are running only on Asustor Portal (HDMI display). Firefox is one of them.
pfranchi

Post by pfranchi »

I have AS5304T. I'm using the portal. So you are saying the only way to use Firefox is by connecting via HDMI? My goal is to be able to get torrents. I assumed I had to use a browser to do that. Is there another way?
orion

Post by orion »

pfranchi wrote:I have AS5304T. I'm using the portal. So you are saying the only way to use Firefox is by connecting via HDMI? My goal is to be able to get torrents. I assumed I had to use a browser to do that. Is there another way?
What do you mean? You are actually using a browser on your PC to connect to NAS, isn't it?
If you downloaded torrents, you can put to the smart torrent folder (a feature in Download Center app). Then, download center on NAS should start the downloading task.

Return to “ADM general”