Increasing the Open File Limits

lucaskam
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Increasing the Open File Limits

Post by lucaskam »

I have several process using the same user and now I'm running into an issue where there are too many open files. Is there any way to up a user's open file limit in ADM? I was reading this article now how to do it in Linux: https://www.tecmint.com/increase-set-op ... -in-linux/. However, ADM doesn't seem to have a "/etc/security/limits.conf". Is this configuration file somewhere else? Is this something I can manage in the Web UI?

I know that probably the "correct" solution is to create a new user for each running process, but I'd like a stopgap so that I can take my time creating the users and switching each process over one by one.
orion

Re: Increasing the Open File Limits

Post by orion »

I don't know where is limits.conf neither. But you can try to change the current user level limit through command line, ex: "ulimit -n 8192". It only affects the current login session. Try to launch your process after this command...
chiashurb

Post by chiashurb »

I don't know the solution, but I can confirm that limits.conf isn't somewhere else. It doesn't exist. That file is supplied (and used) by the PAM (pluggable authentication modules) module PAM_limits, which is not installed on ADM.

I'd like to just be able to add it, except that all the boot-related stuff seems to re-image itself on every reboot.
artur

Post by artur »

Any news regarding this? I am amazed Asustor engineers do not provide a way to change this.
Ulimit -n is not a solution because that does not impact the system processes if they are running already.

Return to “ADM general”